How do you relax?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing that we finally seem to be getting into some normality on here and discussing different topics, with new threads popping up daily.

What do you do to relax?

I like to get out in the garden, (unless it's extremely cold and wet), and either potter around or take on a project of some description. Nothing major like decking or large construction because I am in rented property, but I did recently cut down a large wild cherry tree that was damaged. Now hoping to use the wood for some wood turning when it's ready. Which brings me nicely to my other relaxation favourite, working in my shed. I'm "self teaching" wood turning but also make things from wood. Last year I was making childrens mud kitchens, sand pits and Christmas Eve boxes. I was selling them to raise money for a terminally ill childrens charity. Was going to do it this year but thanks to the pandemic I am a bit scuppered at the moment so knocking things up for around the home.

So guys, come on, what do you do to chill out.

Sponsored Links
Read my computer (diynot.com) and research, play a game on computer or watch tv - that’s all I generally do. Don’t have much time to relax having kids.

Read my computer (diynot.com) and research, play a game on computer or watch tv - that’s all I generally do. Don’t have much time to relax having kids.

Tell me about it! (Actually don't. Been there done that and got the whole wardrobe! :LOL: )

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I find it extremely hard to relax.
I surprised myself these last few weeks or so that I've not had many melt downs... I'm enjoying my cycling but not sure that's relaxing.

Sponsored Links
Drinking heavily helps. Only joking, no answers in the bottom of a bottle, only problems.

Riding my bike seems to be the only time I feel truly relaxed mentally, it is just a great way to switch off from the real world which is becoming more and more scary the more I think about it. And big miles on the bike makes me sleep like a log, which is a lot better than lying in bed pondering over that real world stuff.

when not on the push bike, eating and drinking beer are my other two great loves (apart from the wife obviously, who happens to be a fantastic cook)

Not really but it helps:

146B6C2B-1FC6-4B83-A5FC-482D750B3406.jpeg

Bud, or any lager these days, is like gnats pi$$ to me. Much prefer a malty beer with a bit of flavour. Things like Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire, Bombardier, Doom Bar etc.
Also developed a taste over the past few years for the odd dram of a good single malt once in a while.

Bodd, cycling is relaxing so long as you are not going hell for leather racing everywhere.

I think it was Andy 11(?) who said on the poetry thread he liked reading. That's another of my ways but usually historical factual books about WWII, or playing solitaire patience on my phone.

That's another of my ways but usually historical factual books about WWII, or playing solitaire patience on my phone.
Screenshot_20200520_073313_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Screenshot_20200520_073507_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Found this airfield the other day on a ride. I did relax. Stopping for anything interesting. The weather helped.

These are not my pictures, but seeing Bods reminded me of Davidstow in North Cornwall (Yes, although pretty remote, the cheese factory is next to it), If I'm ever driving over North Cornwall, I like to pull into Davidstow, an airfield built during WW2 and only operational for a couple of years. It's not fenced off so you can just pull up onto a runway and admire the view, there's a very small museum dedicated to it just down the road,

davidstow-airfield-cornwall.jpg

photo0jpg.jpg

029867_6abd5bbc.jpg

Bud, or any lager these days, is like gnats pi$$ to me. Much prefer a malty beer with a bit of flavour. Things like Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire, Bombardier, Doom Bar etc.
Also developed a taste over the past few years for the odd dram of a good single malt once in a while.

Bodd, cycling is relaxing so long as you are not going hell for leather racing everywhere.

I think it was Andy 11(?) who said on the poetry thread he liked reading. That's another of my ways but usually historical factual books about WWII, or playing solitaire patience on my phone.
Bud the devils drink, is it even beer, now then if you want proper ale, try this
https://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/Craft-Beer-Mix/73356

To relax, tennis twice a week, not at the moment, cycling, crosswords, wine, watching quizzes, all repeats at the moment

gardening is right up there for relaxing for me.
there is nothing better than doing some gardening and hearing the birds sing.

Sponsored Links
Back