How do you shift a large, well-glued cracked marble tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put a hairline crack in a tile putting it on. Wish I'd just whipped it off when I could but I didn't. Followed the advice and drilled a hole centrally hoping I could chip off outdated but with normal bolster it's not going anywhere. Getting tiny chips been if I'm giving it some real welly. What can I do to shift the tile? Thought getting the adhesive off the Aquapanel would be the tough part but can't even see how I'll shift the tile.

I'm reluctant to keep hitting the wall too hard as it's bound to weaken the wall a bit. My only other idea is to go at it very gingerly with an angle grinder. Any better ideas or tools? Should I try to get a diamond disc for the angle grinder or will a normal stone one do?

The tiles are 305 x 457 x 12mm held on with Keraquick with Latex Plus on to 12.5mm Aquapanel.

I know whole thing is a bit of a cock up but I've started now... I'd really appreciate any help though, really keen to get this sorted.

Sponsored Links
Avoid jarring the wall with repeated hammer blows - it could well come back to haunt you.....
I'd cut along the grout line with a 1mm slitting disc in an angle grinder, and this should prevent damage to neighbouring tiles.
I'd then use a diamond disc cutter to slice through the tile at random.....cut through the tile but not into the Aquapanel, then use a sharp bolster chisel to remove what you can.
Dusty and messy I'm afraid, but it does show how good the adhesive is!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back