how does my proposed central heating layout

I did my house in plastic with manifolds but it's split into two zones (well 3 really as I have a hot water cylinder. I have a 22mm run from boiler to cylinder cupboard on first floor this then splits 3 ways (3 zone valves): cylinder, upstairs, downstairs all in 22mm then manifolding off in 15 to the rads. The manifolds are all accessable in various cupboards and there are no hidden joints.
A combi/single heating zone is obviously much simpler. Just check as a lot of boilers require the first metre of flow and return to be copper. I got the plastic manifolds of eBay for a few pounds each (they were straight through 22mm with 2 or 3 15mm tees, they just link together till you have enough).

ae235.jpeg

Sponsored Links
@cdbe I've just found the Hep20 ones which are the same on e.bay , i will have 9 radiators so i will be using 5 of them for the flow and 5 for the return , but how do you blank of the end of the 22mm feed ? and the 15mm one that i will not be using ?

Last edited:
Hi, the 22mm male ends come blanked off - you cut the end off to connect to the next one, on the type pictured it's where it's a bit narrower at the end and it becomes in effect a piece of plastic pipe (I think needing an insert but the instructions will confirm) . To cap the 15mm it's called a blanking plug/spigot plug or similar depending on the brand - a bit of googling required, or just a short bit of pipe with a stopend on it.
Or find some 3 way ones.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back