How does the Silent Tornado Ip45 bathroom fan work?

I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell, your fan looks to be a generic S&P silent 100 CHZ / Envirovent silent 100HT

If your model is like my S&P, there may be a set of dip switches inside to change the settings, including turn-on delay, overrun delay and humidistat settings between 60 and 90%

Again, I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you have turn-on delay active, overrun set high and humidistat set to 60%

You need to take the cover off to investigate! :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell, your fan looks to be a generic S&L silent 100 CRZ / Environment silent 100HT

If your model is like my S&L, there may be a set of dip switches inside to change the settings, including turn-on delay, overrun delay and humidistat settings between 60 and 90%

Again, I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you have turn-on delay active, overrun set high and humidistat set to 60%

You need to take the cover off to investigate! :)

I think the turn on delay is 45 seconds? Do you know how long it could be potentially? Also am I okay to take the cover off, and try to reset the setting or can an electrician do that only?

Is over run the amount of time it takes to turn off after I turn the light off?

I think the turn on delay is 45 seconds? Do you know how long it could be potentially?
You have the instructions! We don't. What do they say?

Is over run the amount of time it takes to turn off after I turn the light off?
Yes

Also am I okay to take the cover off, and try to reset the setting or can an electrician do that only?
Of course you can do it yourself. Turn off the fan isolator switch, or the lighting circuit breaker on your consumer unit first.
You wont find an electrician who is interested to come out for such a trivial matter, but (as mentioned above) the person who installed it should have left it working in a satisfactory manner. Get him/her to sort it.

Sponsored Links
Just timed mine!
Around 45 seconds ;)

Of course you can!
Have you got a fan isolator you can turn off first?

Ah yeah I have! But will the switches be on the lid or the fan? If I have to adjust it from the fan that'll be difficult for me?

Ah yeah I have! But will the switches be on the lid or the fan? If I have to adjust it from the fan that'll be difficult for me?
Mine!
20220409_103232.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back