How easy is it to fit a sliding door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good morning,

have a very small bathroom, in order to fit a reasonable size suite i think i need to fit a sliding door. option one is to keep the existing door and get sliding tracks, is this expensive, has anyone else done this and if so, can you recommend a supplier as the internet is a bit light on this subject. option two of course is get the whole thing purpose built? again anyone got experience of this and can they recommend a supplier? is this a expensive option?

i look forward to your advices and have a good day.

Sponsored Links
Hi ,just done this in my utility room for same reason (space saving ).
Was easy enough to do for a reasonable DIYer .
Bought the roller system from Screwfix ,about £23 I think .Instructions are quite good with the kit .
Bought door from Wickes to match other doors in kitchen .
Get your dimensions ,fit batten or wood to wall at right height .Fit roller slide kit to this batten .Fix brackets to door and hang it on and level up with adjusters .
Fit plastic guide to floor and door slide on this and pulls in a bit when the door is closed to give better seal .
Box in the roller kit/batten at top of door to make it look nice and neat .
Quite a good kit I think and slides nice and smoothly .
Hope this helps .
Regards
Rob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back