How easy is it to install a floating floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an under stair cupboard with a concrete floor which you have to access down two stone steps. I would like to rise the floor to the level of the kitchen by adding a floating floor with floor boards. So when you go in to the cupboard it is all at one level and would make better use of the space. Is this installation something i can do myself?

Many thanks

MAndy

Sponsored Links
The only consideration you should have is the amount of working room you have, otherwise what are the the walls you are going to build onto made of, as this will suggest how best to go about it...pinenot :)

If you are bringing the level up so high you will need to install floor joists , then ply and then make sure you chosen floor surface is going to be level , so you again need to pick underlays and finishes before you start.

Its not the easiest job to take on for an amateur though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back