How easy is it to replace a Accenta keypad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Accenta G3 alarm panel with two remote keypads, and an autodialler. One of the keypads sticks and I'd like to change it. I've been quoted £85 by the installer, but noted that the keypad can be bought for approx £25.

1. Is it easy for me to change it myself?
2. Can I replace the LED one with the LCD one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The LCD keypad is for the G4 systems not the G3 , which yours is , + changing the keypad could cause a few problems;

1. taking the keypad away from the bracket would create a tamper alarm (if wired correctly) and may require a reset with the engineer code and lock you out of the system until the engineer's code is entered.

2. if you happen to unintentionally touch the 0v with the 13v , you will pop a board fuse, thus will require the panel to be opened , definitely creating a tamper alarm , may require engineer reset as above.

3. Your installer may not like that you have done it :D ( he cant touch it unless you tell him )

Hi, I have an Accenta G3 alarm panel with two remote keypads, and an autodialler. One of the keypads sticks and I'd like to change it. I've been quoted £85 by the installer, but noted that the keypad can be bought for approx £25.

Thanks

So you think a £85 quid charge is out of order, when you have not a clue about the item and programming? Stock holding and knowledge.

DIY.........Do It Yourself, blow the panel and then see what is costs.

Eighty five quid isn't a fortune. He'll probably give the system a quick service while he's there too.

Sponsored Links

Thanks
A bargain, you crack on there lad. Job sorted.

Oh, hang on, you don't know what to do and what will likely happen when you start? Oh dear!

Perhaps it's best to pay the not unreasonable sum and get the man in to do it properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back