How easy is to replace a mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Despite telling my wife umpteen times, when washing up, not to balance the big heavy chopping board on its side as it could easily fall onto the mixer tap - guess what...?

We have a Franke Moselle tap and although it doesn’t appear to be damaged (ie, it doesn’t look like it’s been bent) it now leaks from the base of the spout. I got some new o rings from the Franke service centre but replacing these didn’t resolve the problem.

If I buy another Franke tap (or one with the same ‘tails’) should it just be a case of connecting up the existing pipes? I like to think I’m handy enough but haven’t tackled anything like this before.

Bloody woman! :mad:

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Its an easy job, as long as you have the correct tools, can get to the nuts & know where the stop cock is.

If there is no valve for the hot tap, then you ned to turn the inlet tap at the hotwater tank(if there is one)

You may be lucky and find that isolation valves have been fitted, and the kitchen fitter's favourite... push fit connectors used. If not it might be a little harder to 'do a quick swap'.
The only other thing you may need is a box spanner to tighten up the tap to the sink... best you get your head under the sink and have a look

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help guys. Now I know that it should be an easy enough job I'll have a look under the sink to see what I'm dealing with.

Regards

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back