Replacing front section of bath mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I hope someone can help with a tap question - all help very gratefully appreciated.

I am trying to replace (the front section only) of this Ideal Standard bath mixer tap (photos in my album here).

I do not want to replace the tap 'tails' I think they are called (the upright sections) which fit to the bath, because I can't easily remove the panelling from the side of the bath to get them off - the previous homeowner did a good job of making it inaccessible.

Notice that the nuts that hold the 2 sections of the tap together are attached to the tap tails / uprights. Every other tap I have looked at seems to have these 2 nuts on the front section of the tap instead.

Does anyone know of any other taps with the nuts attached to the tap 'tails' in this way, so that I can replace just the front section of the tap without destroying the bath panel?

The distance between the nuts is 150mm, which seems standard.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Why are you replacing, just wanting a change? Have you got in touch with IS themselves? Send them the details and see what they can come up with.

Just take the "front section" to a plumbers merchants.

Any standard "telephone" type bath/shower mixer will fit.

Sponsored Links
Polesapart - that's a great idea, thank you.

Madrab - yes, i've been in touch with IS and emailed them photos. Just waiting to hear back. They weren't a great help on the phone though.

I am replacing the front section on advice from a plumber. The hot side of the mixer tap has an intermittent flow - sometimes it flows just fine, other times we'll turn the tap on and get nothing out. That will happen every now and then, but then it starts working again. The plumber advised that there was a small part (looked like a circlip or similar) inside the tap assembly which sometimes 'sticks' if that tap is turned off too tightly. He replaced the part but advised that if it happened again we could just replace the whole front section of the tap... so here we are.

Alternatively it could be caused by an airlock and not be the tap at all? Its a vented system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back