How government 'counted single gloves rather than pairs to boast of one billion items of PPE for NHS

I think you may need to check your maths there
No, I used Tory maths

like 50,000 extra nurses,
like 40 new hospitals
like brexit impact assessment (oh thats right, they were too scared even to publish the 'maths')

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
And you are missing the point. They are used and discarded (NHS) in pairs.

That's fair enough and a good point but I still don't see the cheap point scoring on gloves per unit/pieces as that's what they are sold as.

I use them for work. Where's I normally chuck them I now spray with disinfectant pull off and leave to dry... And use again

Not being tight but not sure if I'll get another box.

£350 million pounds a week, 50,000 extra nurses, easiest deal in history, a hundred thousand tests a day.

It's almost as if you can't believe a word they say.

Seems Panorama were in breach of BBC guidelines. Non disclosure that the medical staff they spoke to were Labour activists.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ma-show-used-labour-activists-criticise-lack/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...interviewed-five-medics-Labour-links-PPE.html

But it has since emerged that all five of the doctors and nurses Panorama chose to interview were longstanding Labour Party activists or supporters.

This was not shared with viewers, in what appears to be a flagrant breach of BBC guidelines.

Dr Sonia Adesara is an outspoken supporter of Jeremy Corbyn who has stood (without success) as a Labour council and parliamentary candidate.

She has also acted as a spokeswoman for the hard-Left lobby group Keep Our NHS Public, attended anti-Trump protests outside Buckingham Palace last year and has spoken at a string of Labour Party rallies. She also starred in a party political broadcast for Labour last year.

Then there is Irial Eno. The daughter of hard-Left musician Brian Eno, she is a key figure in Docs Not Cops, a Left-wing lobby group that campaigns against billing migrants for NHS care.

It is a similar story with Abhi Mantgani. He turns out to be a Merseyside-based friend of the former Labour MP Frank Field, who on Twitter has called Jacob Rees-Mogg a ‘pompous fool’ and complained about ‘Boris lies’.

In September he urged MPs to ‘bring this government down’.

A fourth interviewee was Asif Munaf, described by Panorama as an A&E doctor from Nottingham.

He is also a fervent Labour supporter who, on the eve of the last election, said on social media: ‘If there’s a Conservative majority later this week, then we can wave bye to the NHS by this time next year. It’s as stark as that #votelabour’.

Panorama viewers were given the impression these were all unbiased healthcare workers.

That appears to be a breach of the BBC’s own editorial guidelines on contributors to news programmes, which state: ‘Appropriate information about their affiliation, funding and particular viewpoints should be made available to the audience, when relevant to the context.’

Seems Panorama were in breach of BBC guidelines. Non disclosure that the medical staff they spoke to were Labour activists.

do you think Tory supporters are likely to point out Tory lies and misinformation?
are you saying what those Labour activists are saying is not true, or is that they are telling the truth and you dont like it exposed?

As you dont like non disclosure, Im sure you would want to insist that people like Darren Grimes, Tom Harwood, Kate Andrews -who all work for brexit think tanks and lobby groups -have their affiliation disclosed when they appear on the BBC.

do you think Tory supporters are likely to point out Tory lies and misinformation?
are you saying what those Labour activists are saying is not true, or is that they are telling the truth and you dont like it exposed?

As you dont like non disclosure, Im sure you would want to insist that people like Darren Grimes, Tom Harwood, Kate Andrews -who all work for brexit think tanks and lobby groups -have their affiliation disclosed when they appear on the BBC.

Since that programme, 'Newsnight' have taken to interviewing 'NHS experts' anonymously, would want them being identified by an eagle eyed journo as communist activists would we?, I can see this story gaining Momentum.

We'll never know will we, Panorama didn't select Tory supporters, they chose hard left labour activists, Momentum.

Is it thought that a better way to expose Conservative policy failings would be to interview their supporters?

Is it thought that a better way to expose Conservative policy failings would be to interview their supporters?

No, a better way would be to interview people somewhere between the two, you're surely not suggesting such people don't exist, it is possible to go through life being neither hard left or hard right.
The Panorama documentary is now worthless having been exposed as nothing more than politicising a catastrophe.

Medical staff are demonstrating in Germany and France over lack of PPE, I find that curious how given that many on here claim that had we joined the EU procurement scheme, we wouldn't have PPE problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/german-doctors-pose-naked-in-protest-at-ppe-shortages

I think Notch, Nosey, John and Sir Gal should pose naked as a protest.

No, a better way would be to interview people somewhere between the two, you're surely not suggesting such people don't exist,
It depends on whether what they said was true or not.

The programme makers (as I said Panorama is rubbish nowadays) must be of that political persuasion otherwise they wouldn't have made the programme.

What you are proposing would mean no programmes exposing the weaknesses of any political party.

If you want to complain about a local issue, would you contact a councillor who you knew disagreed with you or one that did agree with you?

Sponsored Links
Back