How is this done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi from this pitcure could some one please tell me how do you make the draws come out on an angle once they are pulled out.

drawer.jpg

Also could you please send me a link to a picture or the product that is needed to make it go out on a downwards angle once its pulled out.

Thank you.[/img]

Sponsored Links
as a rough guess, i would say that near the end of the side slides (the horizontal parts at the back of the draw on the sides) there is a small slot cut out, which allows the draw to not be supported my the box frame, causing it to "drop" like that.... to stop it going too far i would assume that the frame or box is screwed to the shelf and set back far enough so the shelf itself supports the draw when it is pulled out and lowered.

this way the draw will not drop like that until it is pulled all the way out.

of course the draws will have some stop peg on them to stop them falling all the way out

that would be my guess

For something similar, I would cut two guide slots for each drawer, the lower one stopping short of the front of the carcass and the upper running clear through.

Fit a shortened runner on the side of the drawer at the front to run in the upper slot, and a dowel as a pivot at the back of the drawer to run in the lower slot.

You can then pull the drawer out until the runners disengage, then the front of the drawer will drop until the dowel reaches the end of it's slot.

ok, had a second thought on this, and it's slightly simpler....

cut a piece out of the horizontal slides at the end, say 10mm, then fit a round bar into the side at the same level right at the end, so it sticks out the same, then in the box/frame, near the front of the side carrier, have a slot or circular "dip" into which this newly fitted bar/peg can drop into when you pull the draw out far enough, then being round, it will allow the draw to rotate like that

EDIT:
i prefer the prevous idea posted by TicklyT

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back