How long afterwards can a job be registered with Fensa?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our windows were fitted about 1.5 years ago. Not yet recd Fensa cert as in dispute with builder - I checked the website and nothing been reported/registered yet for our property.

However builder says he can provide it now (if we agree in our negotiations).

To my mind this smells very fishy. Could a job really be reported to Fensa a year and a half after it was carried out?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Your builder obviously hasn’t registered your installation yet, have you checked he is actually a current registered installer? If he's not then you won't be any better off paying him. No idea what your beef with the builder is or if it’s justified but that’s blackmail! I would contact FENSA & seek advice from them. I had a similar (unjustified) situation with a HETAS installer over a new oil tank, HETAS sorted him out & I got my certificate without having to take any further action. This was after around year so I don’t think the time element makes a lot difference, the installation is either compliant or it’s not!

Another way of doing to apply for regularisation & certification from your LABC but it will cost you. It depends what/how much cash the argument with your builder is about & I suppose there is always the risk LABC may fail it! :unsure:

I registered a job which i forgot to do this week and i fitted it 2 years ago

Sponsored Links
no i was a bit shocked they want to charge me for it. Surely if you are fensa registered and they inspect your work that should be enough, i dont know of any supplier that supplies a window under a c rating...money , money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back