FENSA For Business Worth Having?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just starting a small business for my other half, doing ftting and maintenance. He has been in upvc trade for years and was fed up with getting paid pennies for the bigger guys to get the big Bucks.
Anyway, I have got all the papers ready to register with FENSA as soon as we have available funds (next 2 months hopefully) is it worth doing? they seem to have quite a lot of money from your jobs??
Are they any other companies like FENSA??
If I dont use FENSA can we still fit doors and windows legally?
Any help kindly appreciated, I know nothing about this industry so its all new to me.

Thanks Kelly x :D

Sponsored Links
Have looked at their website, I know why they say you should have it. Was looking for someones opinion thats in the trade maybe.
cheers

when people sell houses one of the q's they will be asking is were the new windows installed by a fensa registered company

Sponsored Links
All replacement windows & doors must be certified,You have two options Fensa or Building control (LABC) both have pro"s and con"s

If your doing jobs day in & day out then fensa is probably the best one

If doing jobs now & then, LABC is probably more suited

Would suggest you get in touch with your councils LABC dept and have a chat with them

Good Luck With Your New Venture :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back