how long before we can use bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a recommended plasterer to skim the bedrooms over artex and he's got a cancellation so coming next week i was wondering if when he does the bedrooms will we ba able to sleep in them that night. Thanks

Sponsored Links
No, leave them at a least a day until the plaster starts to dry and go pink. Whilst the walls are damp, there'll be so much moisture in the air, that it could give you respiratory problems.

its just the ceiling not the walls as well in case i made it sound like its all of the bedroom

Sponsored Links
Sorry, just reread the artex bit, so should have realised that. Same applies really, as there'll still be about a gallon of water in the ceiling.

Blimey

When my kitchen was skimmed, we had water all over the windows for days, dark patches for over a week

If it's being skimmed over artex then it will be a thicker finish than normal so I would leave a window ajar after it has been done and you will see the dry patches occurring so once it starts drying then I would think you could sleep there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back