How long can you leave CH without inhibitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drained down rabs, installed new towel rail, however customer asked if i could hold back on the inhibitor as he wants a rad installed next week and doesnt want to have to buy another tub of inhibitor. Is it safe to run the CH for a week without anything added? or will this cause long term problems?

Sponsored Links
you can do. A week is not long

if he has started using his heating, and he system is old, you might consider putting in X400. In the week before you drain down again, this will loosen and wash away quite a bit of sludge.

Whem he sees it he might want to invest £100 or so in a Magnaclean or similar

BTW if you Bung the system you have not got to drain it, to replace a single rad.

How do i bung the system? is that one of those trade secrets?!

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Tell me about it, if he's never heard of bunging a system, he shouldnt even consider it, as he's obviously quite clueless, and i can imagine the standard of work he carries out, probably a short course wonder, i wonder why the cust went with him, cheaper by any chance, :rolleyes: if only they knw why :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back