How long to change a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an existing wall-mounted horizontal flue gas condensing boiler.

Thinking of having it changed, it will be a like-for-like in as much as a replacement will be a Heat only condensing boiler.
Boiler is wall mounted with easy access all around.. not cupboard mounted.

How long would it take for a heating guy to remove the old boiler, and fit the new one ? ..... flue to use existing hole through the wall.

Sponsored Links
Depends on how big and how clean your system is. If it's big and needs a lot of flushing then a day and a half, if it's a small clean system then it could probably be done in half a day.

Why are you considering changing the one you have?

There is no flushing involved .... boiler are primaries connect to a Thermal store .. all non Ferrous totally isolated from Heating circuits ... I’ll drain the store myself.

Why am I considering changing”. my existing boiler is now 20 years old. (Baxi Barcelona), had a lot of reliability issues, broke down again last week ... down for 6 days.

Some companies even refused to put it on service contract as it was more than 10 years old.

Sponsored Links
Have an existing wall-mounted horizontal flue gas condensing boiler.

Thinking of having it changed, it will be a like-for-like in as much as a replacement will be a Heat only condensing boiler.
Boiler is wall mounted with easy access all around.. not cupboard mounted.

How long would it take for a heating guy to remove the old boiler, and fit the new one ? ..... flue to use existing hole through the wall.

Couple of hours .

Thanks ... so can safely plan to get this done in a day.
Finding a good heating Engineer will be key.
If anybody know of good one in Swansea/Neath area, let me know.

Had one quote ... £1400 from Intergas installer
Wanted to sanity check how long it would take.

Know it’s not going to be £150

Last edited:
Hold out its a piece of pîss to do a straight swap... he'll have his feet up watching homes under the hammer by 11

Had one quote ... £1400 from Intergas installer
Wanted to sanity check how long it would take.

Know it’s not going to be £150
If that quote was supply & fit its not outrageous...interested to hear how you get on, similar requirement here when it gets warm & heating engineers start looking round for work :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back