How long to mix shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a shed slab to lay it is 4mx3.2mx100mm I worked it out to
1.28m cubed so roughly 2 bags of ballast @ 1 ton each,what I would
Like to know is it possible to mix this on site and finish in a day or should I get it premixed,it's at home so I have time on my side.I hope the above calls are right.

Sponsored Links
Ps I read some were on here that you could leave out the mot base and replace with mesh in concrete is that a good idea?

I mixed a 6ft x 4ft base a few months ago. I did it in a day on my own I was knackered, yours is a lot bigger, I think find a mate would be a good bet or do it over 2 days.

Sponsored Links
I've mixed 1.5 m3 using a hired mixer. You get into a routine - tip out mix into barrow, load up mixer, wheel barrow & tip. By the time you've tipped the barrow full the next mix will be ready to tip into the barrow & start again.

Beware though that 1 ton bags aren't 1 ton. They are usually anything between 750kg & a ton - probably depending on whether it's been raining. For 1.28 m3 you may need 3 bulk bags - you don't want to run out.

Thanks for info,luckily mate said he will help out,I think on reflection I am going to get it delivered been quoted £197.00, I think by the time I have paid for required materials I am not saving much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back