How long to plaster a room...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a DIY question, but if I bring in a plasterer how long would you expect for someone to plaster a small 7ft square room. Includes a window and door :).

Including - Fixing some holes where a cable has been run
Putting plasterboard along where the skirting board was
Boxing in some pipes in the corner ( woods already in place)

Bond / skim the room.

Would this be doable in a day or is that a bit optimistic ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A little optimistic I think; if it were just straight forward prep & re-skim, it’s a fairly easy day’s work. With such a small room, I usually do the two opposite walls from the same mix so nearly halving the time, leaving just the window reveals to skim. You want additional work done though;
• Filling cable runs – how many?
• Filling out for the skirting board – I wouldn’t use PB here but fill out with Bonding plaster then tape before skimming
• Boxing in, beading, taping & skimming the pipe duct.

It could still be done in a longish day I suppose & I would possibly “work on” & finish rather than come back for a couple of hours or so the next day; but it would be my decision to press on & I would price it accordingly.

The type of finish on the walls could also increase prep time, possibly needing to be done the day before. If there are any significant cracks, remedial work may be necessary if you don’t want them reappearing.

should be able to be done in a day easy, a 7ft square room i expect i would do in one hit and i would do that in the afternoon after doing the rest of the job in the morning and after having a cup of tea

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back