How long to plaster this small wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've built a stud wall across a corridor. 0.8m wide, 3m high. Both sides of the stud wall need skimming so that's 5 square metres total. How long will it take a plasterer to do this? (Like how many hours do I need to book off work to be at home)
CIMG1596.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not long but he may have to prepare, wait, and continue.
He also needs to have an area to mix

Are you an upstairs flat? Or is it a case of popping outside?
He will need a hose and power for his mixer

Maybe half a day- possibly better to ask the guy and see if you can do an afternoon off if he says half a day- so he can work on a bit ?

When I had my kitchen done by a guy he came three times, maybe 6 hours total, to prep, do various repairs, and final skim. Platering is very quick on big areas but you haveas as many angles as a bigger room - the bits in between are easy to do

No it's downstairs in a house.
Why kind of prep is needed (maybe I can do it beforehand?). I thought he'd just need to mix half a bucket with a drill, and off you go!

I am not a plasterer but

He will need to prep all the joints and corners
I doubt he'd want you to do it as if your work fails, his will.
If he does it all, no doubt who's responsible

Sponsored Links
looks fine to me too. Getting the tools out of the van, setting up and packing away will be the longest process.
Couple of hours at the very outside.
Your issue is going to be finding someone to do it for the actual cost of the job, or even wanting to bother.
What have you filled the joints and corners with, why not use easifil and do the screw holes too, sand it back and decorate it.

What have you filled the joints and corners with, why not use easifil and do the screw holes too, sand it back and decorate it.
I filled them with polyfiller substitute. I suppose I could have a go at doing it me sen...

that's a fair point, from memory somewhere on the Lafarge website there's a good guide to dry lining

It's only the back of a cupboard so I'm not bothered about a small crack. The only reason I don't just want to paper it is because it is in a kitchen so the paper might eventually get steamed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back