Question re: fitting (& plastering) a stud wall at end of L shaped kitchen (order)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice please?

I'm having a new L shaped kitchen. At the left hand side of the L, I'm having a large cupboard (floor to ceiling like a pantry) built around the boiler. The potential fitter has told me that he will put the units in, 'then' put the stud wall in as he will know then (from the units) exactly where 'it needs to go'. He said the benefit of this, is that he will then apparently be no need to use 'spacers' in this side of the L.

He said the new stud wall (which will be plasterboard), will then need to be skimmed and the plasterer would need to come back (having recently skimmed the room).

My question is, how will the plasterer manage to skim the new stud wall when it is effectively sitting flush against the new base and wall units?

I'm going to ask him, but would like some advice to be forarmed if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back