Poor plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The area where an old L&P stud wall was had been filled by the previous owner. Looks like he went for one coat of multi. Anyway it's crap.

Rather than taking it all off I was going to chip/sand back underflush and then skim over and feather out with some multi. Do I need to put anything on like pva before skimming?

The other side of the wall is similar but it also has some bits back to brick. Shall I get some bonding and bring almost flush? Then skim too?

IMAG0292.jpg
IMAG0290.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes always prep with primer and yes bring walls to level with basecoat bonding. Do check that all other coatings are sound.

Cheers!

Got a bag of thistle undercoat earlier. I put a big spirit level cross both areas earlier and the plaster is about 5mm high in places. I have sanded down with some course stuff and it has actually smoothed off the old stuff quite well. I will probably need to feather it though as the walls either side won't be colinnear.

Had a practice at skimming earlier on a bit of wall. I don't have a problem getting it smooth... But I can't seem to get the correct thickness or flatness. Scrapped off and will have another try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back