How long to tile a roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
How long would it take to install a breather membrane, battens and redland regent roof tiles on a 36 Sqm roof? It as no awkward angles just a lean to extension.

Sponsored Links
Is it a re-tile or a new build?

Blup

Sponsored Links
Hi woody no just having a few disagreements with my builder/ roofer..I asked him to change the roof membrane has it as been uncovered for 6 months, so the job will be.. remove old membrane and remove battens first, then replace membrane refit battens then tile. I wanted a roofers opinion on how long it would normally take to complete that job, as my builder/roofer seems upset that I've asked him to do this, I have paid for the new membrane, he thinks it's going to add to much time to complete, I suppose he might be right considering I probably see him for about 4 hours when he decides to turn up!
Big mistake on my side for hiring him.

Wasn't this answered in your other thread?

The existing membrane will take about an hour to replace, then its whatever time the builder originally planned to take to tile it.

So that's one hour extra over all. Hardly a drama.

Ha ha...He's very temperamental, yes parts of the question were answered in another thread, thanks Woody.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back