How long to wait before putting rad back on wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just finished plastering all my bedroom and very pleased with the results. Thanks to the info off some people on here :D

Just want to know if i should wait a little to put the radiator back on the wall incase the heat drys the plaster too quickly or will it be ok? the wall the rad goes on has now gone light pink.

Also i take it once all the plaster has gone pink its ok to white wash the walls?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just finished plastering all my bedroom and very pleased with the results. Thanks to the info off some people on here :D

Just want to know if i should wait a little to put the radiator back on the wall incase the heat drys the plaster too quickly or will it be ok? the wall the rad goes on has now gone light pink.

Also i take it once all the plaster has gone pink its ok to white wash the walls?

Thanks.

You have just answered your own question. Put the rad on when you have painted ;)

Mmmm, good idea :mrgreen: another question if i may. whats the best filler to use on any imperfections on the plaster?

Sponsored Links
id put rad on straight away and tighten union nuts a little but dont fill rad and take off again for painting, or just fill and use mini rollers.

Reason is the 'trv' as the temp changes all the time it may open up a bit and leak unless you have used a decorators cap:cool:

agree with the easi-fill.

Thanks.

Ive started stripping the wall paper in the other room im going to be plastering and behind the wall paper it is painted. if i scrape hard at the paint it comes off but would take about 2 weeks to get it all off, will this be ok to plaster over after pva?

Here are a few pics. In the last one as you can see there is a vent. Would it be ok to block this up?
It seems all the rest in the house have been.

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

PVA is good for getting wall paper off... Don't leave it to dry though.

walls look pretty solid from pics, just scrape off any loose paint and pva good to go :D

ill try get as much paint off as poss then.

ive started knocking loose plaster off of one wall which is brick behind, so far im about half way down the wall now and the plaster is not as loose but i could knock it all off if i wanted.

would it be best to leave the rest and brown the bare wall or knock the rest off and dry line?

Whats cheaper, drylining or browning the wall :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back