How long....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would you say it would take to rip out a fire and back boiler (cylinder gravity, Heating pumped) all the rads and pipe work( one pipe system)

and fit..

A combi with vertical flue, gas run from one end of the house to the other, the condensate and blow off going opposite way and 9 rads 7 of them on there own drops in capping.

With two of you!

Sponsored Links
How long is a piece of string?
It depends on how neat do you want it done, wood floors or concrete, house empty or full of stuff sitting on nailed down carpets and underlay that needs to go back exactly as it was, how easy is access to loft and roof, what are options to get flue out, where does the condensate pipe connect. and a few other factors.

I would normally allow 5 working days for me on my own, keeping Saturday morning free in case it ran over.

2 people won't necessarily half the time taken.

two people working at a "steady" pace, 4-5 days for the lot.

day one: strip out, start hanging rads
day two and three: finish hanging and piping rads, start on boiler
day four boiler flue final connections and commision

day five: bed till 11am then beer.

Sponsored Links
two people working at a "steady" pace, 4-5 days for the lot.

day one: strip out, start hanging rads
day two and three: finish hanging and piping rads, start on boiler
day four boiler flue final connections and commision

day five: bed till 11am then beer.

absolutly spot on

were on day three tomorrow

they expected us to finish it tomorrow at 11

they have given us 3 bundels of 15, 2 bundells of 22 and three length of 28

and thats under piped

3 full days with the 4 day doing tidying up etc . Away for 1.
But as is said piece of string all depends on to many factors.
My mrs still cant understand how you can work with someone all day in same house and when you say we never spoke about anything i hardly saw him.
We walk in and automatically go to our parts of the job i rip the cylinder/boiler etc out he starts on rads.
I then do the boiler and any roof stuff and to be honest it just a case of lifting with heavy stuff and making sure sets are straight as stuff blown upstairs when speak.

...But as is said piece of string all depends on to many factors...
Better check who posted that bit.:D

..My mrs still cant understand how you can work with someone all day in same house and when you say we never spoke about anything i hardly saw him...
My ex can explain exactly how you can be in the same house all day and not speak to you about anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back