how many are fitting Ideal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my dilemma. Flat I'm going to rent out, getting back boiler removed and combi installed. Two quotes:

£2,490: Worcester Bosch 30i Junior (7 yr warranty)
£2,100: Ideal Logic 30+ (7 yr warranty)

The quotes include everything else e.g. removal of back boiler, new TRVs etc. So the Ideal route is £390 cheaper but I'm reading that Ideal were pants until a few years back however they have pulled their socks up and are now producing decent boilers?

Obviously I don't get a direct benefit from a better boiler given I'm renting the place out, however neither do I want to install a boiler that'll give me more than my fair share of issues. Interestingly the engineer that quoted for the WB advised me Ideal can be 'funny' about warranty claims i.e. if they can find a reason not to honour the warranty they will? Note sure if this was simply sales tactics, I hadn't even mentioned to him that my other quotes were for Ideal.

So, anyone on here fitting Ideals or have one in their home? If so, thoughts on their quality?

Sponsored Links
Out of the two, Ideal every time, but I'd rather have an Intergas
+1
Totally agree with muggles, Intergas is currently one of the best boilers on the market. WB is one of the worst!! Currently fitting 300-400 Ideal Logic boilers a year, never heard of Ideal not attending a warranty call or repairing a fault. The Logic boilers must be one of easiest boilers to fit, service or repair. I love the wee Hull chap.

For any Landlord - without hesitation, the Intergas Rapid is the boiler of choice.

Interestingly enough, the guy who quoted for the WB wouldn't do the Intergas, the Ideal guy said he could supply/fit the Intergas albeit he advised he doesn't normally fit them and it would only come with a standard warranty (not sure if I could extend this given the fitter isn't a registered Intergas installer?) The Intergas quote was only £50 or so more for a Rapid 32. Due to its larger dimensions and the limited space where I want the boiler installed, the Ideal can be fitted with a horizontal flue out the wall, the Intergas would require a vertical flue to ensure space at bottom of boiler is sufficient.

I did have the local Intergas registered installer out and he seemed keen enough to quote however he hasn't, even after a follow-up email from me.

So you reckon Intergas, Ideal, WB in that order?

EDIT: thanks PullerGas for your feedback as well.

Sponsored Links
Never had an issue with Intergas of Ideal logic, but would avoid WB given the chance,
Alot of customers ask for WB probably because their friends have advised them :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you for expressing your gratitude DFU.
You'll find that most of the experienced, qualified & knowledgeable tradesmen will recommend Intergas.
However I have a wee soft spot for the Logic, screwdrivered together in the UK & plenty of backup.

So you reckon Intergas, Ideal, WB in that order?

I'd say Intergas, Ideal, burning my own turds in an oil drum, WB, in that order

One of my (many) issues with the Junior in particular is the use of a rubber gas pipe inside it, which after a couple of years or so starts to look like this....

20160414_203327_zpsf7tdxqff.jpg

Yep, that's a crack, causing gas to go where it was never meant to go. This was only three years old, and is very far from being an isolated incident - lots of people keep these rubber hoses as van stock now

OP I know that the Intergas is popular in the south of England but you should have a look at what service you will receive in fife, I personally cant comment as I dont know anyone who has fitted one , I know of a housing association that did try them and said they will never install another, every installer has their own preference and a lot of that goes to local availability and back up

Thanks all for further replies and advice. I think, on balance, I'll go with the Ideal :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back