How many coax cables can come off an aerial?

Whatever that 3 core stuff is it is not suitable. B and Q do RG6 (copy) which is not fantastic bit OK if you avoid damp getting in. Ideally you should look for WF100 elsewhere.

What is the difference between PF100 and WF100? B&Q are still running click & collect but only have PF.

Which is better?

Sponsored Links
After 6 pages, arguments, altercations, insults and deliberations...
You could have tested it out to see if you could simply join them both together and see if you get a good enough signal by now... :)

You could have tested it out to see if you could simply join them both together and see if you get a good enough signal by now... :)

I still only have the one original cable. And quite a lot of...words have not failed them.

WF100 or PF100?

Sponsored Links

He could have done the wrong thing, yes, and had problems later. At least he has learnt a lot now and hopefully will do it right.

Or he could have tested something that does sometimes work and be watching telly while he waits for the correct stuff to arrive. :)

Well I must say this has been most enjoyable and even my wife has had a chuckle. I have been reading thing in this forum for years and I have found them to be most entertaining.

As ex BBC engineers, now retired to sunny Spain, this topic has at last raised enough interest for me to generate the enthusiasm to sign up and add a little comment of my own. Within our duties as engineers we have had to do perform most operations from repairing toilets to building studios, transmitter sites and even topping off towers.

Yes correctly tuning transmission lines is important to get the most out of a system, especially when working on 1MW transmitters but come on people, the man has a Yagi antenna pointing directly at a visible local transmitter site and you are seriously worried about the losses incurred by adding a second receiver. I'm not sure why I didn.t see the early comments earlier but there was much reading to catch up with the whole story once I encountered it.

In this instance we believe the original question had been answered adequately well in reply numbers 3, 4, 6 and 8, and then the silly argument started. Post 19 summed up the situation nicely and still the argument persisted.

Come on you people where exactly has the common sense gone? It was not unknown to an additional receiver or two in our apparatus rooms with the use of an 'F' tee piece.

My confession in this regard, I live in a golf complex some 40Km from the local television transmitter which is visible from most of the windows on that side of the building, the beautifully installed distribution system was unserviceable from the start with abominable ghosting on all channels. The frequent visits from the installation contractors did little to rectify the situation. Eventually they left the door unlocked for a weekend and of course I popped in to investigate.

It was the usual selection of amplifier, 18 tuners, modulators, mixing and amplifiers. Out of curiosity I output of the antenna amplifier directly to the distribution amplifier input and retuned the television with the effect of significant improvement. However I borrowed their spectrum analyser and recorded a signal level in excess of 0dBm at my receiver, removing the 20dB antenna amplifier made a dramatic improvement.

I'm sure the contractors had a surprise on the Monday morning upon their return but nothing changed afterwards. This occurred prior to DVB some fifteen years ago.

My two cents worth for what it's worth.

It looks like a bit of common sense has killed this off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back