How many kW's can 1" gas pipe handle

Sponsored Links
If its short then quite a lot!

If its long then not many!

Tony

None at all. If it's 1 inch, it's old and full of rust.

Sponsored Links
How many kW's of gas can a 1" pipe handle? (ish) :)

It'll be very "ish" as it depends on the length of the run, whether it's steel or copper, how many bends there are etc etc. Also, gas pipe is generally quoted in discharge rates of cubic metres per hour. Having said that, it can be converted.

I've consulted my calculator and worked out that, for pipes between 3 and 30m long, with no bends, the answer is between 50 kW and 193 kW. Ish.

Hope this helps :LOL:

How many kW's of gas can a 1" pipe handle? (ish) :)

It'll be very "ish" as it depends on the length of the run, whether it's steel or copper, how many bends there are etc etc. Also, gas pipe is generally quoted in discharge rates of cubic metres per hour. Having said that, it can be converted.

I've consulted my calculator and worked out that, for pipes between 3 and 30m long, with no bends, the answer is between 50 kW and 193 kW. Ish.

Hope this helps :LOL:

Thanks muggles, it took a few responses, but I got some sort of answer eventually. I should have probably explained a little further in my opening question. I need to serve a cooker and gas fire from the supply (obviously I won't be doing any work myself!!) But it looks like it can be used to serve these appliances.

:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back