How many lights per bedroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As i'll be getting all the bedrooms completely renovated, I know I want 4 x double mains sockets per bedroom but I don't know how many lights I want in each bedroom.

They are smallish bedrooms (10' x 10').

Currently they have the standard ceiling rose in the middle of the ceiling and a single light switch on the wall near the door. However, I want to provide better and more flexible lighting in each bedroom.

So, what is the best way to achieve this in a 10' x 10' bedroom? I'm looking for advice on the placing of the lights themselves, the types of lights and also the light switches that i'll need.

Sponsored Links
Central room light, and a spot / reading lamp either side of bed.

Wall switch for central light, and a 2nd switch by bed (a 3 way to cover 2 x spots and 2ndry switch for central light).

If the rooms are occupied by womanfolk, they love a light above the dressing table for exact slap application.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back