How many props?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

IMG_20230708_130438.jpg

I need to support 6 of those rafters while I remove a section of the wall and fit a lintel.

Would 2 with a scaffold board across be sufficient or should I use 3?

Its a single garage roof covered in epdm so not much weight, 2 would be alot easier getting in and around to do the demolition.

Also how far from the wall can they be propped?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
As there is only the dead weight of the roof and clouds above it i would be sure that 2 props set around 1m to 1.2m back from the wall and with the props around 500mm in from the ends of a pair of doubled up scaff boards would be adequate. I would also stand the props on a scaff board to spread the load and remember to secure the props to the boards and the boards to the joists to avoid anything moving unexpectedly.

Hi all,

View attachment 307710

I need to support 6 of those rafters while I remove a section of the wall and fit a lintel.

Would 2 with a scaffold board across be sufficient or should I use 3?

Its a single garage roof covered in epdm so not much weight, 2 would be alot easier getting in and around to do the demolition.

Also how far from the wall can they be propped?

Thanks
Chris
2 would pi55 it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back