How many sq meters in a day from two brickies on £120 each ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well the answer today is a combined effort of 3 mtrs sq and two sills... they are using re-constituted stone blocks and have cut to length and fitted a couple of stone sills also... that's 1.5 sq meters each FFS... I could do that!!

Me thinks they are taking the P !!

what do you think they should achieve?? :mad:

Sponsored Links
Why are they on day rate? Most brickies work for a price unless the work is unusual or excessively detailed. Why not ask for a price?

A gang of two usually means a brickie and a labourer.

I will ask for a price to finish the job TBH they are not the best and are not taking care. For example I have two stones on a corner showing a cast face and not a split face! What can be done with those?

Sack 'em.

If they are both slow and careless and they are prepared to lay in temp's of less than 3 degrees, then they are a load of pants.

Show us a piccie please?

Sponsored Links
The problem is getting someone else to pick the work up now it's 2/3rds built...

The problem is getting someone else to pick the work up now it's 2/3rds built...
Oh....I bet it is one of those pants jobs to be avoided....or a customer to be avoided perhaps.

Reconstituted stone does not sound like fun and neither do sill details either. If you can do it better/quicker, why don't you give it a pop?

No time!.. I've got to work.....

so you think stone in the wrong way, cast concrete ends on show and now sills cut at angles is acceptable do you?... your obviously a builder out of the same mould!

Tbh with wages on the up in the building trade at the moment id avoid anyone who,s prepared to work for £120 a day
unless its a good old boy semi retired working for beer tokens and the love of the job that is lol

Tbh with wages on the up in the building trade at the moment id avoid anyone who,s prepared to work for £120 a day
unless its a good old boy semi retired working for beer tokens and the love of the job that is lol

You may be right.. should have gone for someone better who'd take more care and probably be quicker... but how do you know until they start.. they came recommended... ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back