How many?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the course of a job, if you hit/cut/pinch/gouge/crush some part of yourself reeeeeelly painfully, how many swear words do you generally use?

I tend to find that four is a very good number to aim at, which generally provides scope for three adjectives and one noun. (The noun tends to be the same one in all circumstances.)

This question could of course be turned into a poll, but there are only so many minutes in the day.

Sponsored Links
i clouted myself in the head with the sharp end of a pickaxe last weak, and all i said was "what the....?"

My partner has found a kind of solution when working in a room when the client is in the house: he swears in Dutch ;)

Sponsored Links
A browny scouting leader I knew exclaimed (when in front of the little girls):
cup of coffee!

(As long as you can get it of your chest, not?)

its when you dont say anything thats when it really hurts :eek:

Trod on a 3-pin plug once. In bare feet. After stepping down 12inches into my garage. 3-pins upright - 15+ stones, gravity assisted. earth pin met bone in fleshiest part of foot, had to pull it out......

Rolled thumb over the top of blade on Elu flip over tablesaw once. Felt snag. Got red mist - literally in eyes. Have odd-shaped thumb now.

1. I think blunt things hurt way more than sharp things, any thoughts?

2. SwearWORDS? Nah, one word - verb/noun/adjective/imperfect present participle/conjuctive pronoun? Who gives a ragin F**K? I just repeated it many, many, many times on both occassions.

Minor infractions against self generally warrant four expletives - F**k s**t b******s c**t, in that order, followed by large inhalation.

Incidentally, why do we find it normal to p**s ourselves when a colleague suffers any kind of self-inflicted harm at work? Mrs Holybloke thinks I need help when I recount tales of TUWIs through tears of laughter.

1. I think blunt things hurt way more than sharp things, any thoughts?

Had a 600x2000 K2 radiator slip off it's bracket as i was looking down behind it to see if it was hanging correctly (found out it wasn't).

I've got a high pain threshold but this almost made me 'hurl' with pain, considering the bottom seam of this munter landed on my big toe and all that was between the two was my trainer I think I coped quite well, not a swear word exited my mouth.

Lessons learned-

1) Wear safety boots.

or

2) Get some other silly bugger to do it :LOL:

Al

Try this one

Stood up quickly from underneath a window which one of our labourers had just opened :eek: Caught the opener just right on the corner with my head and the shock wave was felt upstairs.

After a few choice sentances - full of expletives - and chasing the labourer round the site with a shovel I felt fine :D

Sponsored Links
Back