How much featheredge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just pricing up materials for a new shed. 10'x16'. Just wondering how I work out the coverage if I clad it in featheredge?

Sponsored Links
If for example you are using 6inch boarding allow a 5 inch "cover" which means the boards overlap and thus you will only see 5 inches of each board.
Thus if your shed is 6 feet high or 72 inches, gives you 14 1/2 board cover so 15 boards really. Linear lenght is simply got by adding the lenghts of the sides of the shed together. If it is a 10x16 shed then the total lenght of boards is 52 feet and then times that by how many rows of boards you have.It may need a little bit of extra working out depending on the lengths of board you stockist keeps. Ignoring any windows and doors can often give you an allowance for wastage or you could simply add a bit on to the number of boards you require.

Thanks I was wondering what overlap was normal - can finish up now and get it ordered! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back