how much for a wall this size????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, could someone give me some guidance on pricing a wall. The wall goes up the sides of the front garden and across the front. All in all it works out to be 58ft long and 3 ft high, english wall bond. I am not the fastest bricklayer so I don't want to tell them a day rate as they may think that I am going slower to get more money out of them. I told them to get some quotes off others and I will undercut them. However I don't want to rip myself off. Any help on pricing the wall would be grateful.

I also have to dig out the footings (manually, with a spade) and lay them..
Cheers
Jordancorey

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
As the mod says - no pricing and things and the forum... but I'm sure you can find elsewhere how much the going rate is per 1000 brick in your area. Then just factor this in to your labour rate for the footings, materials etc.

(Lynda - hope the above is OK)

it is

things to consider;

logistics.... is it round the back, getting spoil away, getting materials to the job.

ground levels and conditions.......stepped footings and brickwork takes a lot longer than level work. is it clay.......is it made up ground?

do they want a standard concrete coping, or an elaborate double tile crease and brick-on-edge header?

there are probably 2k bricks above ground, and quite a number below too.

oh.......and don't forget to buy a roll of hessian sacking to cover the wall in case of bad weather.

[ I told them to get some quotes off others and I will undercut them. However I don't want to rip myself off.

So you dont know what your doing, you dont know how to price up so you want other people to do it for you and you will undercut them.
Have you any insurance? do you pay tax? do you have a stetson?

Sponsored Links
yeah but he knows english bond ;) whatabout rat-trap bond ...uses less bricks and if it`s not a retaining wall :idea:

jordancorey said:
I told them to get some quotes off others and I will undercut them. However I don't want to rip myself off.

How will you rip yourself off? The only ones getting ripped off with this pricing method are the customers and other genuine builders

You give a price based on what you want for the job - normally your costs plus profit.

Are you saying that you price on some arbitrary figure, and if I gave them a quote of £1 for this wall you would undercut me and do it for 99p

And I presume that you have considerd who will be looking at the rough side of the english bond wall or is it 13.5"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back