how much is a plumber

Sponsored Links
you have either got a blockage. or a bad airlock.

did you drain the system to fit valve.
did the haeder tank empty and system fill ok.

I didn`t replace the whole lot, just the motor. If i have got a blockage, how would i sort that out.. Also, what if one of the pipes was closed how would i know what should be open and closed ?

you had the programmer set to heating / hw and both side of the valve where hot. they where both open.

what speed is the pump on ?
when the boiler is running is it chucking water out the vent pipe into the header tank in loft ?

Sponsored Links
you had the programmer set to heating / hw and both side of the valve where hot. they where both open.

what speed is the pump on ?
when the boiler is running is it chucking water out the vent pipe into the header tank in loft ?

HW & CH are both on, at the moment one dont seam to work without the other, if i have any one on, the boiler dont seem to work.

The pump is on speed 3
Yes it chucks water into the tank in the loft when the boiler is running.

that will be hot water try keep the pump speed down.
sounds like you have a blockage some where.
check the bottom of the tank for slimy sludge.

but i would get someone in to check the system it's not right. :cry:

there is a tiny bit when i scrape the bottom, but now much. What about a pipe being turned off ?

so why do all the pipes make so much noise, banging and hissing and almost sounds like gurgling going through the pipes. i have bleed the radiators and turned the air bleed next to the hot water tank in the airing cupboard, there is no air coming out of any of them.

because your boiling the water, thats why it's escaping out the vent pipe
if water is not leaving your boiler quick enough due to a restriction in pipe or your boiler stat faulty it's going to boil it.
it needs to escape.

it's called pumping over. because it's chucking out the vent pipe.

the banging sounds like it`s coming from inside the pipes, i have checked everywhere and the pipes are not banging agains anything ?

i dont think the boiler is faulty since it was happy enough just heating the HW. As soon as i turned the CH on, that`s when all hell broke lose.

whats happening now ?
if you still have it running is the cylinder hot or rads etc.

even though you changed the motor in the valve don't mean the bottom part is not faulty.
does it move freely when the hw / heating put on or by pushing the lever.

if i turn the CH off in the airing cupboard, it switches off the boiler down stairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back