How much new brake pads and disks etc 2016 Ford Mondeo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would you expect a garage to charge for following work on a 61,800 mileage Ford Mondeo;

1.essential services
2. engine flush
3. 2 new disc brakes
4. 1 new pad-brake

?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
@£250 for the discs, pads and a can of engine flush

What are 'essential services’?

Well I’ve never heard of it before. What parts were included/were you charged for?

Sponsored Links
Well I’ve never heard of it before.

ok, i think it means standard labour costs for checking everything ?

Total work proposed ;

Filter assy oil,
element assy air-cleaner,
castrol magnatec

and i think both rear both pads and both rear discs...

i dont know, thought it was standard set of jobs?
maybe you mean the main service / minor service specified on the manufacturers service handbook.

I just get my mechanic to do a full service with MOT every year, costs around £230 from memory

I think I paid around the price Mottie said, for a set of new discs and pads - would have to check the invoice to be sure though.

ok, i think it means standard labour costs for checking everything ?

Total work proposed ;

Filter assy oil,
element assy air-cleaner,
castrol magnatec

and i think both rear both pads and both rear discs...
£400 perhaps

maybe you mean the main service / minor service specified on the manufacturers service handbook.

I just get my mechanic to do a full service with MOT every year, costs around £230 from memory

I think I paid around the price Mottie said, for a set of new discs and pads - would have to check the invoice to be sure though.
what was your mileage?

I replaced the front discs and pads on my sisters Fiesta today. 50,000 miles on the clock. I paid £100 for the parts. Another £35 for the oil and filter as I gave it a service. The fuel light came on within 5 minutes of picking it up so I put £20 of petrol in it. Oh, and I repaired a puncture. I charged her £155. She's going to pay me when she gets back from Barbados! Bloody family. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I replaced the front discs and pads on my sisters Fiesta today. I paid £100 for the parts. Another £35 for the oil and filter as I gave it a service. The fuel light came on within 5 minutes of picking it up so I put £20 of petrol in it. Oh, and I repaired a puncture. I charged her £155. Bloody family! :ROFLMAO:
Family rates: even worse than mates rates :ROFLMAO:

I can’t believe you even had to put some fuel in it.

I spent years only refuelling when the warning light came on, now I fill up weekly and almost never go below half a tank.

A mate of mine, a carpenter justs puts £30 in at a time……….. I just can’t see the point.

To be fair, the low fuel light came on and the needle wasn’t actually in the red, getting close but not in it but I didn’t want to take a chance.

I spent years only refuelling when the warning light came on, now I fill up weekly and almost never go below half a tank.
We usually let ours get quite low through laziness - not normally low enough for the light to come on although we have been caught out a few times and the light comes on with 50 miles to go which puts mrs Mottie into a blind panic. We always fill them right up. Mrs Motties sister must be related to your carpenter mate as she always puts £30 in at a time too. They do reckon you get better fuel economy by not lugging a full tank of fuel around all the time but I couldn’t be arsed with frequent top ups.

Last edited:
Family rates: even worse than mates rates
Too True! still owed for the materials (2 sheets of Birch Ply £XX!!)
I can - bloody kids, every time I get asked to do something for one of them their vehicle needs fuel!

A mate of mine, a carpenter justs puts £30 in at a time……….. I just can’t see the point.
I've always had to be ready to drive distances at short notice. For half my career I was on call and would have to drive anything up to 100 miles. Then I moved to a new job and had to be ready to go to family at short notice. Wife never lets the cars get below 2/3 full (unless I'm with her on a long journey).

As for keeping a low tank (£30 top ups) in the end the tank is likely to rust out.
About the only benefit is for town drivers who are concerned about getting fuel stolen from the vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Back