HOW MUCH PRESSURE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi every 1 new to this forum looks like the place i'll get my answer.
i just decorated my living room and took a double radiator of the wall to decorate properly.
i've put rad back on and blead it but forgot to read the bar pessure it was set at.
its a brand new combieboiler,council only fitted it few day b4 xmass.

its a worcester greenstar 24i or 28i junior

i'm sure it was 1 & half bar cant remember so would like to know what to set it to please.

Sponsored Links
There is an FAQ section on this forum containing answers to basic questions such as this...it's very useful ;) As you're new we'll let you off for not using it this time

Sponsored Links
to refill do i open the loop valves.

i've just done that & i hear it filling but its filling a hell of a lot & the pressure bar aint moving.
i did close the two taps connected to the rad.
i mean only what was in the rad came out of the system & i think i've fill more than whats came out.

another question would i have to bleed all rads in house now from downstairs then up stairs.

er - check that your connections to the rad are holding (and have closed bleed nipple). Sorry if this insults your intelligence, but it has been know to be an oversight.

er - check that your connections to the rad are holding (and have closed bleed nipple). Sorry if this insults your intelligence, but it has been know to be an oversight.

yeah them are ok plus i did bleed it.
its just a hell of a lot of water has been refill & the pressure bar aint moved only what was in the rad came out of the system & i think i've fill more than whats came out.

Should take less than a minute before pressure starts to increase. You said you didn't drain down the system when you removed the rad (which is fine). If nothing escaping from the boiler then one of two options -

1/. Your not using the filling loop on the boiler correctly

2/. You may have disturbed a weak joint under the floor when you reconnected the pipes (not your fault, just unlucky)

Hopefully it's the former - check the user manual or online.

When it's all done, in answer to your original post, drain the system and add inhibitor through one of the rads, using appropriate kit, since can't be sure it has it in anyway. Better safe than sorry. Even if not bothered with doing this, only takes a couple of mins to bleed rads anway (with system cold)

just what was in the rad came out off the system that why i surprized it filling up a hell of a lot more that what came out of the rad.

i should mention my mrs switch the heating on b4 i blead the rad.
she was whing that it was warmer upstairs but not in living room then i relised that i had'nt blead or refilled.

when i went to boiler to fill up i heard all gurgling noises i hope i hav'nt flooked it.

all sorted now but a hell of a lot of water refilled.
all i can say it must'nt have been filled right in the first place i dont know.

anyway all rads blead starting froom downstairs first bar pressure is at 1.25 and all is ok.

thanks swidders for your help.

Glad to have helped and hope it lasts! (my guarantees last 24 mins online!!! :evil: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back