how much to charge???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i started the painting and decorating course last september and am doing diploma level one, people are already asking me 2 do work for them which is great, but i dont no how much to charge?
obviosly i cannot charge full price as i havent completed all 3 years of the course but please can you give you opinions on how much to charge for the following jobs it will be appriciated :) (the people who i am doing the jobs for will be providing the paint so i do not have to include this in the price)

job one
2 large bedrooms to be lightly sanded down and painted, with borders put up, skirting to be glossed and then one small bathroom (needs a good sand down) then to be painted and skirting to be glossed.

job 2
3 bedrooms (large,medium and small) one hallway one large dining room and one large living room, this house is gross lol im doing it for a landlord and his last tenants were druggies so the house is a mess!! i have had to rip out all carpets clean all the walls and give the place a huge sand down, he then simply wants everything painted and skirting glossed, also wants the ceilings painted. ( there is mould growth and damp areas if you know how to remedy this please let me know)

job 3
one bar room at a pub ( is an extra large room)
there is areas of damp on the ceiling and hair line cracks to be remedied then they want it painting on walls and celings and skirtings glossed

thanks guys xx

Sponsored Links
Hi channy00

Ask yourself, what you think is a good weekly wage; that's what you charge less your inexperience; if they know your inexperienced.

It will all be good experience for you so don't feel hard done too if they knock you down a bit.

One other tip, landlords want top jobs done for nothing, if you loose that job through price look at it as a god sent; although it dose sound as though you've started this job before agreeing a price which is a big NO NO!

Best of luck, the more you do the better you'll get.

T

P.S If you don't mind; how much are you paying for your course.

Sponsored Links
About £80 a day I'd say.
Bout right - But go in higher so they can knock you down - and don`t do more than 5 days before payment. :idea: Unless you`re " handy " @ getting payment ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back