How much window reveal can be insulated?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this ok, it should i cut the insulation in half? Objective is Max insulation, and hoping these windows won't need to be replaced in my lifetime.

IMG_20200913_141850871.jpg

Sponsored Links
By the time that's skimmed, they'll be no window frame showing, just the bead!

Does that matter to though?

use 9.5mm board instead?
or ditch the insulation and double up on foil backed board.

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to insulate it? Is it a solid wall? if not an insulated cavity closer will perform the same function.
ditch the insulation and double up on foil backed board
Ignore this it won't work in lieu of insulation and you will have a cold bridge susceptible to mould if you haven't got an insulated cavity closer. It would also be condemned by building control.

Ignore this it won't work in lieu of insulation and you will have a cold bridge susceptible to mould if you haven't got an insulated cavity closer. It would also be condemned by building control.
susceptible to mould? willing to be educated.........
who mentioned building control, he was willing to cut the insulation in half ffs.
do you only relate to the bits of the op you can pick holes in?

you want him to remove the window to fit closers? go back to your desk.

nop. your’e welcome to explain the mechanics.
you want him to remove the window to fit closers? go back to your desk.
Read my reply "IF you haven't got an insulated cavity" no one mentioned widow removal.
Your solution to use 2 layers of foil backed demonstrates you don't have the least understanding of cold bridging or thermal insulation or B Reg requirements. I suggest you leave design decisions to the adults on site.
If this work is subject to B Regs and they folllow your advice and its spotted by Building Control if will be getting removed and done correctly.

With no insulation, the reveal will be much colder than the rest of the wall, so condensation is likely to form, causing mould to grow
i know. but i wanted frutbunn to explain it because i’d rather disagree with him than you.

It is a solid wall, and the main goal is to stop condensation mould.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back