How much window reveal can be insulated?

It is a solid wall, and the main goal is to stop condensation mould.
Then ignore bennymultiboard you need insulation, his solution will only give a very negligible amount amount of insulation, the BCO won't be happy either with that "solution".

Sponsored Links
Sorry, which solution bco won't be happy with? Not that they will be looking at it.

I'm happy to put in as much as i can fit, unless there is a reason not to go right up to the window beading.

Sorry, which solution bco won't be happy with? Not that they will be looking at it.

I'm happy to put in as much as i can fit, unless there is a reason not to go right up to the window beading.
Bennyultiboards stupid idea to use 2 layers of plasterboard, total waste of time. Try and get as much insulation as you can.

One issue with going up to the beading is that if the glazing unit blows, and needs replacing, it could be tricky.

Worth sourcing some 10 or 25mm board if you can.

Sponsored Links
This is 25mm board, no thinner board in b&q. They did have some cork boards, will that be enough to stop condensation mould?

so his op shows 25mm celotex and a 12.5 mm board . that’s already too thick in relation to the glazing beads. and doesn’t even include any bonding materials or plaster, so he’s looking at ‘insulating and finishing a reveal with a combined max thickness of around 30mm including insulation , board, adhesive and plaster if he wishes.
lets hear it genii!

fruitbun researches desperately ......................

One issue with going up to the beading is that if the glazing unit blows, and needs replacing, it could be tricky.

Worth sourcing some 10 or 25mm board if you can.
British gypsum did a pre insulated board specifically for this, they demonstrated it last time I was their factory in Cumbria. I can't remember the name of it. I'll have a look when I get a chance

Bennymultifinish ever heard of Dunning Kruger?

British gypsum did a pre insulated board specifically for this, they demonstrated it last time I was their factory in Cumbria. I can't remember the name of it. I'll have a look when I get a chance

Bennymultifinish ever heard of Dunning Kruger?
i’d direct you to my website, but it’d be wasted on you.
go back to your desk boy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back