How much would you expect to pay for a tarmacadm drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting quotes for having my drive done. It's about 30 square metres, 10 metres long, 3 metres wide but it's on a 1 in 7 slope. There's no drive there at the moment, so has to be dug out, the existing earth disposed of an aggregate laid.

I got one estimate of £8000 incl. Is this the going rate or can I do better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could do a lot better.

We are currently digging off, laying stone complete with a concrete kerb race with solid blue brick edging, aco drains and two layer (base and top coat) tarmac finish.

50m² for 4.5k.

The mackers are charging us £30 p/m for the black stuff

I thought as much. I wondered if I was getting stung because they're doing all the work, e.g. excavating, edging (which I could do myself).

I'll look for some more quotes!

thanks,
NN.

Sounds a lot. Does that include applying for planning permission etc. or will you do that separately?

Sponsored Links
You are of course dealing with established local contractors, who have a registered company with a VAT number, and a real-life local address and a landline? And you have had the opportunity to inspect similar work they have done for other local residents, anmd speak to the householders?

I only ask because at this time of year in my area we often get people in anonymous vans and no contact details except a mobile phone number and a first name, rolling up offering to do work on some very vague terms.

When they get moved on from the field they are squatting on, there is no Customer Service or refund available.

Sounds a lot. Does that include applying for planning permission etc. or will you do that separately?

No PP mentioned, also no guarantee mentioned, although they did have a landline number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back