How old is this consumer unit?

There was a Wylex recall in 2010, and shortly after that they redesigned the MCBs in the style which you have.

According to 'PriceLynx', the launch of the NHX range which you have was announced around November 2010.

2008 was when the 17th regs came out, up till then barely anyone ,fitted Dual Rcd boards, hence they became known as 17th edition boards

Those mcbs were made around/after 2012.

No way near 2005

Seems clear that this board was definitely installed later than 2005. Thanks for all the information and confirming my suspicions.

I would guess it was installed since 2005 (not 2015) but does it matter? Would a piece of paper make it different?

Do you want the house or not?

Not if the price already accounts for the situation.

Does he (his wife) really want the house but will refuse to buy it because a piece of paper is missing?

I would hope they don’t turn the house down.

Maybe the op is annoyed the seller has lied.

There's a bigger picture here. Of course I wouldn't pull out of a house purchase just because of one missing piece of paper, but there are other missing pieces of paper and other points which I think the seller hasn't been honest about. I want the house, but I'm going to make sure I know exactly what I'm buying first. That's common sense. And that means getting to the truth of the situation before I go any further.

The only purpose for lengthy discussions about this is to increase the fee from the solicitors involved.

As has been said, these silly issues often relate to lawyers/conveyancers wanting to make more money out of the buyer.

If people were better at telling the truth then we wouldn't need to pay solicitors so much money all the time.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Be worth getting the electrics looked at given that it has a "Water Heater" on a B6 which I suspect could be to ignite the boiler? The downstairs lighting is no doubt on the left hand MCB on the left hand RCD? Though there's an 32A MCB on the left that looks like it has a lighting sticker on the bottom part with writing above it that's hard to make out.

So all in all a two circuits that may or may not feed things that need labelling up.
The way I see this is the B32 in position 4 on the right isn't labelled, everything else looks correct to me: 3] B6 lights, 2] B32 Hob, 1] B32 cooker or oven - 4] no label, 3] B6 Water heater, 2] B6 lights, 1] B32 Sockets.

But DEFINITELY quite recent.

Quite right, I hadn't spotted the blank far left! :oops: . i've edited my post

Very easily confused sometimes due to the viewing angle.:confused:

Sponsored Links
Have to be careful of solicitors creating issues over things like this. I bought my house because I wanted it and the solicitors knew this. One week I hadn't heard from them at all. I 'phoned them up to find out they were trying to get a FENSA certificate for the windows (which are around 15-20 years old.

They delayed the purchase of the house simply because they were trying to find a certificate for some old windows which have no visible damage or problems... After this I 'phoned probably every 2-3 days to see where they were and they often needed hurrying along. I probably came across as a PITA but given all the money we were paying them I felt I had a right!

I think its the requirements.
What/whose 'requirements'.

The role of solicitors. like all other service providers is to do what their client/customer wants/asks them to do. In the context of 'tradespeople' we are very familiar with those who attempt to create 'needs' (even 'requirements') that will increase their income, and solicitors certainly aren't immune from their own version of that. They can (and should), of course, advise their client that, in their opinion, something need to be (or 'is required to be) done, but if the client chooses not to heed that advice, the solicitor should not do something that he/she has been told is not wanted (at least, not at the client's costs, and not {as recently mentioned} if it causes unnecessary delays).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back