Consumer Unit installed May 2015

By definition, one could not undertake any 'end-to-end' measurements on an intact ring circuit (which has no 'ends' :) ) - so, no matter where you do the 'dismantling', you'd have to do some!

Kind Regards, John
Yes I agreed. But the point is it's minimal dismantling, and I wouldn't be poking around a busy DB to do it.

Sponsored Links
However, as I think you are implying, this is all really down to the buyer. In fact, years-old installation certificates, even if they were available, would be of little value to a buyer, anyway. If the buyer wants reassurance about the present state/condition of the electrical installation, then he/she should commission and pay for an EICR - but, as a seller, I would have nothing to do with any of that.

No more need be said.

If one was to follow the guide lines, then one would remove a sample of sockets and switches and ceiling roses to check for grommets and sleeving,

I don’t think either are actually a requirement though.

Sponsored Links
You can’t pass or fail an EICR, it is a report, nothing more.
Well, that's really a semantic issue. Whilst one can't "pass" or "fail" an EICR, in such language, the 'summary' of an EICR report indicates whether the installation is "satisfactory" ('suitable for continued use') or "unsatisfactory ('not suitable for continued use') - which I would say are as close to "pass" and "fail" as makes no difference!

upload_2019-12-2_16-23-35.png

Kind REgards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back