how to access close coupled cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to replace both the inlet valve and the flush mechanism inside a close coupled cistern in my bathroom.
The problem is that both the pan and the cistern are completely against the wall and the bottom has tiles around it.
Here is a photo:

And here is a shot from above:

The holes you see on the side dont have screws or anything.
What should i do? Do i have to literally pull the loo completely out?
I'm worried about doing that and either the soil pipe or worse the inlet pipe getting yanked out?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
are the tiles a cut around the pan base or is the pan sitting on the tiles and just siliconed ?

them bottom holes are for the pans brackets.

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I just had a quick look and it appears to be that pan is sitting on top of the tiles witha bit of silicone around the front and sides.
Are you saying that i need to disconnect the pan through the bottom holes?

Cheers

Yep, slice through the gobs of silicone and pull it all out. It was put in in one piece so the inlet pipe will be flexy.
You'll need a new pan (to waste) connector, a few quid.
A wonderful high quality clever design :rolleyes: !

Sponsored Links
Thanks again ChrisR,

Yep wonderful design as you say!
Out of interest why will i need a new pan to waster connector?

Cheers

Would you rather fit a new one wishing you hadn't, or not fit one wishing you had, when it's all sealed in again...?
Got too many T shirts, mate. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back