How to access leaking soil pipe connector?

Joined
24 Mar 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a dripping soil pipe connector that's been boxed and tiled in. Before I work out how to fix that seal, do I have any options other than to remove the horizontal tiled in section?

The bathroom needs to be refurbished but that's a year or so away so I need it to be neat in the meantime. Attached are photos showing the tiled in section and a photo of behind the toilet looking towards the soil pipe. How am I best approaching this?

E3FF2919-DF3C-4170-952D-07F5D83FBFCC_1_105_c.jpeg

D36D3AE1-00BA-494A-9F4E-19C111B9F18B_1_105_c.jpeg

Screenshot 2026-09-25 at 12.37.14.png
 
Thanks both. I guess I really need to take the toilet out so I can really see what's going on. I was hoping to avoid that really but I've got an isolator valve on the water feed to the toilet so it doesn't look like too hard a job if I take my time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
 
Thanks both. I guess I really need to take the toilet out so I can really see what's going on. I was hoping to avoid that really but I've got an isolator valve on the water feed to the toilet so it doesn't look like too hard a job if I take my time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Have a new pan connector ready.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top