How to adjust the rear brakes on a Corsa 14. auto P reg.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed the drums and shoes on my Corsa and can find no way of manual adjusting them. From wjhta I could see inside the drume, there is a small ratchet sort of device that adjusts when the hand brake is puled. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working. I cleanedit and everything seemed to be moving smoothly.

Cheers

joffa

Sponsored Links
the shoes have an adjuster the bar that goes along the top of the shoes has freed bar with splined nut this turns with a screw driver but can seez if you put the screw driver in the top it turn down to adjust the shoes

I made sure that the splined nut moved freely before reasembling.

cheers

joffa

When you've fitted the new shoes you need to turn the ratchet adjuster with a screwdriver untill you can just slide the drun on, then operate the handbrake lever a couple of times to centralise the shoes (make sure both drums are on ) then slide the drum off and see if the adjuster will go up any more, and repeat the process, ( old drums with a lip on the inside edge can cause adjustment problems) If the adjusters are left in the fully wound off position they might not automatically adjust

Sponsored Links
Back