How to attach radiator fixings to the wall?

Sponsored Links
This is a plasplug and screw set, intended for use in brick, block or concrete walls. You tighten them with a spanner, or socket if you have one. The heads are harder to damage than cross or slotted heads, and easier to do up tightly. They will be very strong if correctly fitted.

Many cordless screwdrivers or combi drills come packaged with suitable sockets.

If you want, you can throw them away and use screws and plugs of your own choice.

The work like normal fixing but grip a bit harder to hold the weight better.
Use a spanner or socket but don't overdo it.
If you see the plaster being pulled in you're done, don't keep tightening.

Sponsored Links
Why could they not just included normal screws?
Because what is included makes the fixing more sturdy if wall is brick or block. No good with lath and plaster or plasterboard

normal screw heads aren’t generally large enough to grip the slotted part of the bracket. if you use screws use the holes in the brackets not the slots.

Some day there will be a solution to the "screw head in slot" problem.

upload_2020-8-21_9-5-3.png

typical bodge solution from someone whos never fitted a radiator. and unsufficient pull on the bracket. use the holes in the brackets.
Well why are there slides and fixed holes on a rad bracket then Einstein ? and yes I have fitted many more radiators than you

the slots are for numptys like you who cant get them straight . and for people who choose to use the outlandishly big plugs and hex bolts supplied , which the op didn’t seem too fussed on ,that have enough grip only in block and brick to stop the bracket sliding down the wall .ive fitted more than you??? grow up . don’t be a prat it’s not nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
the slots are for numptys like you who cant get them straight
How do the slots get the rads straight ? and if they are not needed why does every Rad manufacturer supply brackets with slots as well as holes ? I know why just asking if you do ?

How do the slots get the rads straight ? and if they are not needed why does every Rad manufacturer supply brackets with slots as well as holes ? I know why just asking if you do ?
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/straight
just in case you weren’t sure what straight means.
I didn’t say the slots weren’t needed. did I?
I said I don’t or rarely use them.
and yes it’s pretty blatantly obvious to me why there’s slots and holes. I suppose your a ‘plumber’ who went to plumbing school and knows everything there is to know about plumbing so nobody else who isn’t a plumber or hasn’t been to plumbing school and spends all their time exclusively chasing money around in their self important plumbers head and in their little plumbing van that says i’m god the plumber on it isn’t allowed to mention or think or do anything remotely connected to plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back