How to bridge cavity to fit windowboard with no ext leaf lip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm currently finishing the interior of our garage extension and not sure how to best fix the window board.

The problem is:
- The internal leaf is higher than the the external leaf wall.
- The window is set back and fills the entire width of the external leaf so there is no lip to buildup
- Expanding foam fills the bottom of the frame so there's no where to fix any battening along the external wall, under the frame, to build up a lip
- When I place the window board flat on the internal leaf and push it back, it butts straight on to the window frame

What should I do? I've thought about:
1) Fixing a cavity closer - but not sure this would work as the window is already installed and the internal / external walls are different heights anyway
2) Just screwing window board down to internal leaf and then butting the board up to the uPVC frame and gluing in - however I'm not sure this would be secure enough
3) Using some short battening to jam in the cavity at regular intervals and secure each end with grip fill

Really struggling to find a decent way around this so any help would be apprieciated!

Cheers

Lucas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back