How to change a light bulb? (LED over-shower)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've a failing LED bulb over the shower tray in the bathroom, with all but three or four of the LED's no longer illuminating. However looking at it, I've no idea how to remove the fixture in front of it to remove the bulb, whether by twisting or pulling, preferably without breaking it.

Is it obvious to all but this idiot?

Thanks in advance!

201203_showerleds.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing the grill twists off allowing you access to the bulb , have you tried this?

Mine come out using a sucker that attached to the lamp ,push up slightly and twist

Did you attach it to the glass face of the lamp? I can't even tell if there's space for the bulb to come out with removing the plastic grill/cover first.

I'm guessing the grill twists off allowing you access to the bulb , have you tried this?

I've tried this with as much force as I dare to, but it won't budge (n)

Sponsored Links
According to every instruction I can find it's a simple twist fit

Normally you turn anti clockwise to undo

Remove the chrome cover grill. Note (for some strange reason) many of these undo by turning them clockwise).

Then you should be able to grasp the edges of the lamp, or stick some gaffer tape on the lamp, and undo counter- clockwise.

Remove the chrome cover grill. Note (for some strange reason) many of these undo by turning them clockwise).

Then you should be able to grasp the edges of the lamp, or stick some gaffer tape on the lamp, and undo counter- clockwise.

Aren't these bulbs 12v which means you simply pull them out of the fitting rather than twist?

It's the removal of the chrome grill that I can't see how to do. Clockwise, anti-clockwise...it doesn't give at all with considerable force. I don't even know if the grill and cover are all one piece, whether the bulb will drop out on its own in some way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back