How to change washer in AKW tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a single hot water tap that is leaking. I took the front cap off but the gap is really small so I am not sure how I get into the tap to change the washer?

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
With the water turned off:
1. Undo the Allen grub screw visible where you have removed the cap. Usually 2.5 or 3.0 mm Allen key required, occasionally 2.0 mm.
2. Pull the handle up and off. May well be very tight, try pouring boiling water over the handle to loosen it. Don't use WD40.
3. With the top removed you should see a big hexagonal brass nut. Undo this (anti-clockwise looking down) to remove the headworks of the tap. Likely to be very tight, so hold the spout with something non-marring.
4. Most unlikely to be a washer, likely to be a cartridge. You'll need a new one to the same specification. Try looking up "tap cartridges uk" on the internet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back