How to clean washing machines? Baking soda + white wine vinegar - been there, done that

Washing machines, don’t need cleaning, except for occasional boil wash to remove congealed soap deposits.
Smells are usually caused by back, siphoning from the sink, or from not leaving the door open in between washes.

Sponsored Links
Start using calgon. That stops most of the slime and smelly black gunk.
After cleaning you need to prevent returning.

Check filter. Make sure there is no cotton or elastic band slowing the impeller. Shine torch in and turn to see it's ok. Slow pump can cause slime build up.

To clean. Don't matter. Hot wash with white vinegar or washing machine cleaner from supermarket. We don't clean since using calgon.
Amazon for big boxes of calgon

Sorry, I was looking for some information on repairing some structural issues in my house.......

Don't worry, I'll head over to Mumsnet to see if they can help!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I was looking for some information on repairing some structural issues in my house.......

Don't worry, I'll head over to Mumsnet to see if they can help!
Dare say they'd be less likely to emit a similar pile of sarcastic, chauvinistic ****e at least?

Some people like to mix the two because it fizzes attractively and gives the false impression that this means it is doing some good.
Indeed, if we cast our minds back to high school science, "acid plus alkali gives [a] salt plus water" ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back